1. How long will it take for my web site to be designed?
1. The timescale of a website design project is often dictated by the client. If you have a deadline in mind we will endeavour to meet it for you. The most common delay in the creation and completion of a new website is waiting for content (text/images) to be sent to us by the client.
2. Will we need to have a meeting in connection with the website design?
2. In the majority of cases a meeting isn’t necessary and most of our websites are generally completed with contact via email and telephone only. We place suggested website designs onto the Internet in a private place where only yourselves and us can view the content. We then liaise with you regularly to discuss the web designs in order that the website design and functionality is exactly as you wish.
3. Once my website design is completed -what after sales service do you offer?
4. Do I have to keep my website with you forever, or can I move it to another supplier to host it if I wish?
4. You may move your website to another web hosting service at any time. Once your website design has been completed, we send you a copy of the website on cd. This copy of your website is for your retention. Should you need hosting. Click here
5. In what format should I supply words and photographs about my business for my new website?
5. It is helpful to us if you are able to provide text and photographs in electronic form – for example, the files output by a digital camera and the words in MS word or similar format. If this is not possible, we can help get your information ready for use on the website.
6. Will my website design be” Search Engine” friendly?
6. All our websites are created with search engines in mind and the website design is compliant with search engine guidelines. It is a good idea for your website to be re-evaluated in time as over a period of time the search engines do alter their rules and algorithms and you will want to be certain that your website is kept up to date and complies with new rules etc.
7. How to choose which web designer to design my website ? Why choose Alamo Web Designing Services?
7. There are thousands of web designers – most advertise on the Internet trying to persuade you to place your website design in their hands. Which web designer should you choose? What knowledge should your web designer have? Which website design company should I choose? Read more information about choosing your web designer .
8. I run a small/medium size business and want an online presence to promote my business in a professional manner to new customers and to provide a more professional image to existing customers. What do I need to achieve this?
8. You need a professionally developed website, a domain name, and hosting facilities for your website. You also need the website to be uploaded onto your hosting facilities and promoted to the search engines.
10. I hear that there are hidden costs associated with web design services. Is this true?
10. No. We discuss with you your website requirements and then price accordingly and once you have placed an order for your website design with us, that price is strictly adhered to.
11. Do I need a database on my website?
11. This will depend upon the amount of information you wish to be displayed on your website. If you have many products/services, then it may be advantageous to have a database incorporated into your website design. We will discuss this in detail with you and if a database is advised we will explain in detail exactly how this will work. We can tailor your website design to suit your specific requirements. Read FAQ about eCommerce – database website design.
13. Am I tied into Alamo Web Designing for any site maintenance or updates I wish to do once my website is designed?
14. Will everyone see my web site the same?
14. Your website visitors will see some things differently depending on their browser, screen resolution setting and their individual computer settings and toolbars. We design sites with that in mind and preview them in several browser types and resolution settings before publishing. Obviously as technology alters then eventually all websites may need reevaluation.
15. Can you provide all our web design and hosting services?
15. Yes – we are your one stop company to provide all your web and hosting services. No more – not knowing who to call if you have problems – we can register your domain name – design your website – provide your web hosting and arrange your email accounts for you. Click on links to read more about our web design and hosting services.
16. Do you guarantee that my site will always be available?
16. No web hosting service guarantees 100% uptime. However we can say that our servers have had 100% up time for many years. Should our servers have any problems we do have the necessary backups in place to deal with this issue very speedily.
17. Do you use Flash animation in your website design?
17. Yes we do use flash as and when required. It is important to note that there are times when flash animations can be an asset but it would be unwise to use “flash” to create an entire website or even entire pages of your website as search engines are not able to read the content of flash and therefore any words used in animations will not be indexed by the search engines.
Generally it is best to use flash for smaller banners, advertisements or demonstrations and incorporate the flash animation into a web page which also includes some written text in html. This way the search engines will be able to index your information Read about animation in your website design.
18. Can I get e-mail with my website?
18. Yes you can have email and you will probably wish you set-up several email addressed e.g. email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
19. Can I see how many visitors I’ve had to my website?
19. Yes we provide web tracking software which records where you visitors are coming from and which pages they looked at, which search engines are being used, which phrases are being typed into which search engines and many more interesting web tracking facts which you should find useful for future marketing campaigns. This service is included in our hosting plans. 3rd party tracking can be implemented at clients cost.
20. Do I need to install any software?
20. No is the simply answer.
22. Can I have Papypal installed?
22. Yes, If the website we have designed for you requires a paying system mechanism such as PayPal it can be created with all the buttons etc. You would have total control of the payment account. You would be able to access your administration areas from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection and make transfers instantly as frequently as you wish. A shopping cart will also be created for all the products you showcase on your web site to the masses. Click here
for more information.
24. How much will a website cost me?
24. The cost of a web site varies depending on the site and complexity. A medium web site with just a few static pages (10) would cost around $1,200 whereas a full ecommerce website with a large number of pages could cost any where between $2,200 and $4,000. If you give us a call or email
we will be please the discuss with your website design requirements and give you a fixed quotation.
25. How can I accept credit cards on my website?
25. There are various methods available to you. We would need to talk to you to establish you requirements and the best method for your company. There are essentially two main methods of accepting credit cards. The first method is where you use your own merchant card system and process the card payment yourself and the second method uses PayPal. Once you are sure which method you wish to use, we can design your website accordingly. We recommend PayPal to start. Since the merchant process is indeed pricey on a monthly basis.
26. How many pages can I have on my web site?
26. As many as you like. From a search engines point a view – The more the better!
27. I already have a website and I need it updating, can you help me?
27. Yes, we would be happy to look at you existing website and give you a quote for updating it. Our rate is $85 per hour.
28. Do you redesign existing websites?
28. Yes we do. We can redesign, retaining your company corporate style or we can redesign to give you a complete new image. Is your website up to date – let us provide you a Free of Charge Website Evaluation – we can redesign your website to take advantage of the latest web technologies. Read more about our Website Redesign services.
29. What if I do not like the design?
29. If you do not like the design which we have suggested for you, we will discuss further with a view to ascertaining what type of design you would like to see and then place another “suggested design” in your web area for you to view. We would not like to think that you are not happy with the final website design. Our aim is to design for you a website specific to your requirements which you are completely happy with.
31. Will I find my website on the search engines?
31. Yes we always design websites to be search engine friendly. Adwords has been a success for our clients since the website can a appear on the first page of Google until the main site catchs up.
32. Once my website design is completed can you provide web hosting ?
32. Yes you can arrange to host your website on one of our high performance web servers.
Click here to read about our website hosting facilities.
33. Hosting services?
33. Yes – we can set up as many email boxes as you require per your hosting plan and we also have other hosting services. Click here to read more about our hosting services.
34. Why should I choose Alamo Web Designing for my web development company?
34. We are an established web development company delivering web design and internet development services of any complexity to clients throughout the US. Being in IT business for over 9 years now we have all round web development expertise. We build your website to your complete satisfaction. Read our testimonials
35. Can I have a professional email address?
35. Does your email address look professional? Is your web hosting company flexible? It is amazing to find that in this day and age, some companies have still not realised how important their email communications are. Your email address may actually be more important to your image than your logo, letterhead or business cards combined!
36. Why choose Alamo Web Designing for our website design company? What qualities do the websites designed by Alamo Web Designing have ?
36. We design websites that are user-friendly. Websites that are visually appealing, creative in design and also have great functionality. They are effective as business tools. We know the value of the different web design features which can be used and we know which design features work and why they work……..More
37. Can I register a domain name through Alamo Web Designing?
37. Yes absolutely! Domain registration is an important service we offer. Take a look at our Domain Registration page where you can search for available names and register them. You don’t have to purchase other website design or web hosting services from us to use this service – although we hope that you will want to use us for all your web services. Click here to read about our domain registration services.
38. Who owns the website once the website design is completed?
38. The website belongs to you – if requested, we will send you a copy of the website on cd. This copy is for your retention and should you wish to use another web design or web hosting company – you are completely at liberty to take this copy to them for them to use.